This is what happened last year. Since it’s January 1st, 2012!! I know, right? 2012!?!?! It seems fitting to reflect today about what happened 366 day ago and then as we say it:
BRING IT 2012!!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Traveled to Florida with my son — I have been there with my husband for our honeymoon but we took our 11 year old to Walt Disney World to share with him what we fell in love with there, and holy mother of fun, was it amazing.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make them but strive to live healthier, not be as anxious, be more aware, and more tolerant of others.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I run an organization that helps infertile women have babies, so I think I helped welcome about 100 into 2011, which was incredibly exciting!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed home, I didn’t even go to Canada or Mexico, I suck!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Healthy, Security, Harmony, less anxiety. Balance, more balance.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 9th, 2011, the say I had to read that a friend of mine was charged with a felony, actually pleaded guilty to this felony and I had no idea this was happening. It was mind blowing.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing 60+ lbs.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not making enough time for me and realizing that some people who I thought were friends were not — so all in all not taking care of me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes and let me tell you they sucked.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The best thing I bought — oh probably my Ipad2. Awesome.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I do not want to go here, Internet. Thinking about it just makes me… appalled and depressed.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Of course bills — mortgage, home repairs, taxes, utilities, etc…
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being healthier as a family, connecting with my spouse more, growing my organization, going into business for myself, watching my child grow into an amazing young man.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2011?
“F” you by Cee lo Green
and all of those fun songs by Glee.
Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I am happier I think, and wiser.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner byt 60+ lbs.
c) richer or poorer? Neither.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise. Cleaning. Being zen.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Fretting. Worrying. Stressing. Being impatient.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my in-law eating prime rib
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I fell in love more and more with my spouse:)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
How I met your Mother, Two and a Half Men, Grimm, and Glee those were all great.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Frustrated and hurt yes, hate no.
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What did you want and get?
A genealogy subscription
26. What did you want and not get?
A new house.
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Bridesmaids, the last installment of Harry Potter, and I enjoyed New Moon.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 48 and I don’t remember what I did. Nothing substantial.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I’d spent more time just enjoying life, rather than worrying about the future.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
31. What kept you sane?
My work, my kid, my spouse, and my therapist, let’s throw in some music for good measure.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don’t admire any celebrities to be honest.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Don’t get me started.
34. Who did you miss?
I miss my former self.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
That’s a good question – let me think about that.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
To slow down and to think about things but don’t over analyze.